Hey guys how are all of you? We are doing great. Jared is on the mend from a round of strep throat but thank goodness no one else caught it. He started complaining on Saturday morning about his throat hurting. I looked at it (which by the way my husband always makes fun of me for doing this. He thinks all sore throats look alike. NOT) and it really looked weird. Streaks of red, swollen and yucky. Now, I have never had one of mine have strep so I didn't have a clue what it was. I have him Motrin and let him talk me into playing soccer. He really wanted to go because his teacher was coming to the game. After he dazzled his teacher on the field he broke down in the car and admitted to me that he throat was about to kill him and begged me to take him into the walk in clinic. So, we made the trip to the clinic, armed with enough reading material and game boy games to last two hours. I was thrilled when we walked in and were the only ones there! 15 minutes later we walked out with a prescription and a boy running fever and not wanting to swallow. He is much better now and is having a great week. Caleb is in the middle of the TAKS testing. He is taking the dyslexia TAKS test this year. It's the same one but portions of the test are READ to him by a teacher. He claims this is the easiest test he has ever taken and loves it. So far so good! Now we just have to wait to see if he passes the thing. It's also broken down to where he takes the reading TAKS over two days instead of just one. He has been less stressed this year than ever before, so that is great. If nothing else, it's worth doing it this way just for that reason alone. Well, I had better wrap things up. I'm going over to Amy's and try and paint some kitchen cabinets. She is in the middle of a huge remodel and we get to play around with different ideas. Right now she is living in the middle of lime green lap sliding in her living room. That was what was under the paneling she pulled off. Whatever we do to the cabinets can't be worse than that!!!!!!
Love to all!
1 comment:
Hi ya!
Don't have much to comment but want to give my blog address for your readers to check out our work.
www.thewordfromtheherd.blogpost.com
While telling Margie our tales today, she asked "Won't that be alot of work?" I told her well we don't really notice that until about a 1/3 of the way through. That's why we tackle these things together and take a more "Let's Party" attitude instead of work....
Love ya' BFF
Post a Comment