Monday, May 26, 2008

What's been up with us....

I am truly amazed on how much stuff I can fit into my life right now. I sometimes wonder if I get everything done that I say I do or am I just dreaming it all up. Last Friday was my last day at work until the summer camp starts up again. I will teach on Tuesday and Thursday in June and then will get to take off for 3 months. Yippee!!!! My kids had a blast at water day and the last day of school. I got lots of cool presents from all my kids (a BIG perk of the job) really can't believe I won't see them all summer. I love the job I have right now. It fits in so perfectly with my boys schedule and I'm always home when they are. I love that!
Update from my last blog... Caleb was honored with a Lee Leader Award which is for finishing with a 90 or above average for the year. He missed getting in the top 10 percent of his class by 2 points. I think he was disappointed at this but, I am in AWE. We are talking around 350 kids in the 6th grade! I am so proud of everything he has accomplished this year! OH and the biggest news ......HE RECEIVED A COMMENDED PERFORMANCE ON MATH AND READING on this years TAKS test!!!!!! It cost us two trips to the ice cream place, two packs of trading cards, and a trip to the movies but it was worth every penny!!!! We always have him pick out treats before he takes the test so he has something to shoot for and work hard for! He did great!!!!!
Jared and Aaron both have end of the year stuff going on this week and will get awards in school. I know they did great and I don't have to worry about anything they do. Jared has a 100 average for the year in spelling. He never missed a spelling word all year long! That's including the spelling sentences they threw at us and learning to write in cursive. I'm proud of him!
The kids just finished our AWANA year at church. Each one of the boys won an award for finishing their AWANA books. Aaron did his whole book, then went back over it for a review award and then finished another workbook also. He is amazing at memorizing scripture! Jared finished two books this year and won a big ribbon for all his hard work. Caleb won a trophy for completing his second AWANA book. They worked really hard and did awesome! I have truly amazing kids!!!!
I am busy working on Children's Camp 2008. We will spend 3 days and 2 nights at camp. I have to coordinate everything and try and get it all together. I am not panicking yet but the time with come very soon when I will!!!!! The boy's can't wait to go. Aaron is still on year shy of going and will spend the time at Camp MeMaw! She has promised a trip to the zoo for him and he is so excited! Well, I had better run. We spent today with our friends Pam and Greg. The kids swam and we kicked back and relax. After we strapped Aaron and Jared in life jackets!!!!

Oh on that note! Aaron's guardian angel did overtime duty this weekend. I was at a graduation for one of the girls at our church, and Brian took the kids to Jared's end of the season swim party for soccer. It was at a Swim Club here in town. Brian was talking to the coach and watching the boys swim. He looked up and noticed Mr. Aaron was missing from the shallow end of the pool. Brian thinks...."surely he didn't cross the ropes and go into the deep end". So he walked around to the deep end to find the LIFEGUARD pulling Aaron out of the water after he jumped off the diving board! Brian said his heart was beating 100 miles and hour. He asked him "why did you go over there when I told you not too." Aaron's answer, " you didn't tell me I WOULD DROWN"! OH my gosh!!!!!!!! What am I going to do with that child! Praise Jesus that the lifeguard was watching and that he made it out! He took about 10 years off mine and Brian's life with that stunt!!! Needless to say, we are strapping him into a life jacket from now on!!!!!

Much love to all!!!!
JJ

1 comment:

kdp said...

Kids do the scariest things. they don't realize how they take our breath away.

That is so awesome about how well our boys did in school.

Hannah got baptized last week.
kim