Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's My Birthday!!!!

Caleb's 6th grade band gets set up to play. Caleb is in there somewhere!

Caleb getting ready for his first band trip. They made a Superior Rating at the Greenwood music festival. Can you see his braces????? They have orange and blue bands.



Hey guys it's my birthday! I officially 38 years young today and had a blast! I had to do all the usual thing today...work...church... all the same Wednesday stuff but I had a great birthday. Mainly, I think it was because I was around so many people and they all had great birthday wishes and presents!!!! I got a new camera from Brian and the kids, a new coffee mug, a watch, gift cards, a tanning gift card, money, new clothes and some other great things. It was a great day! Brian and the boys bought me a double chocolate cake. Jared tried to sneak it into the house but Aaron lasted about 2 minutes before busting out with the secret, "We got you a cake with I love you Mom written on it". That boy can't keep a secret to save his life! (He's my favorite! Hee Hee No, not really) It's just too funny watching him try to keep it and then busting at the seams and finally blabbing the whole thing!


Well, school and AWANA's and my work are all wrapping up and causing me to have a nervous breakdown. I will finish up work next week so that means I am working on 6 mini scrapbooks for my kids. I have 2 down and 6 left. The kids are a lot of fun and I have really enjoyed this job. I love getting out and talking to the parents and other coworkers. I love getting to be home when the boys get out of school and getting the same holidays they do. I will work Tuesday and Thursday's during the month of June at Camp St. Luke and then will be off work for the rest of the summer. The boys get to go to work with me for free ( they will have like a mini VBS lesson thing going on) and Caleb will help me in my room with the 2 year olds. They are looking forward to going to Mommy's school!


School is also coming to an end. You would think that after the TAKS test, which we still don't know the results of, that Caleb would be taking it easy! You would be wrong of course! He has had math homework every night, a major project in history, a major project in English and all the same old tests! Give me a break!!!! Jared and Aaron are still plugging along with the homework also but, now they have added field trips/baseball game fieldtrips/game days/water days/and end of the year celebrations. I have been at their school more than I have been at home lately! I am chasing my tail and wonder if I am going to start passing myself coming and going!


AWANA's wrapped up tonight! All of the boys completed a book this year and will be getting an award at the big award party next week. In case you are wondering a book is divided into about 8 sections, each section has about eight checkpoint, each checkpoint has about 2 memory verses/bible stories/fill in the blanks to it. That means to pass a section you have to memorize about 16 verses of scripture. So that means they have to memorize about 128 scriptures to finish a book! NOW you understand why we are very proud of them!!!!!


Besides, all the above stuff going on I am also working on a girls lock-in at church for this weekend. I hav 24 girls (ages 1st-6th grade) spending the night at the church. All the boys are going on a campout at the state park. I have sense enough to pick the place with indoor plumbing! I'm also trying to get stuff for camp ready and VBS later on in July!


Oh well, you can't say that I'm not staying busy! Maybe, all this activity will keep me young! I know it won't keep me skinny! Maybe, I should start working with the senior adults so I could eat smaller meals and go to bed early!!!!!! HMMMMMMMMM!!!!!




Love to all,




JJ






No comments: