Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's Summertime!!!! YES!!!!!


It's summertime! Yes, I am soooo excited! I have never been one of these mom's who doesn't like having the kids home. I love being around them! I love getting up each day and filling it with what WE want to do! The pictures below are the end of the year AWANA's swimming party at Brown's Pool. After Aaron, near death experience at the pool last weekend, he would get in the deep water to save his life. Last year he went off the high dive and down the giant slide a bunch. This time he stayed in the kiddie end of the pool even though he had a life jacket on. Jared on the other hand learned to do a 360 rotation in the air jumping off the low diving board and showed no fear. Caleb kept his long running tradition of being the first one off the high dive at each party he goes to. They had a blast and we really had a great turn out. I bet we had 75 kids show up. It was great.

I finished with the end of the year school parties. They were mostly uneventful. Jared and Aaron did great but the awards presentations were kind of boring. I really thought they might do some type of recognition for him not missing a spelling word all year long but, it wasn't mentioned! That's one of the things I don't care for about our school system. You kill yourself all year and then you don't get a lot for it. I don't know. He was the top AR reader with 95 points in his second grade class but, they just said he was in the top 5 because they didn't want to hurt anyones feelings!!!!! I guess I get it but come on! I'm not bitter at all am I! Hee Hee No really it's not a big deal. Jared didn't even know he was top reader. No one had told him.

Anyway, we are getting ready for next week. The boys get to go to Camp St. Luke with me. Caleb and I will teach and Jared and Aaron get to go. They will do rec, cooking, science, music, and crafts. I think they will have a blast. We also had dentist appointments and Caleb first orthodontist appointment since he got his braces on. His teeth are already sooooo straight. I am amazed!!!!! He has only had them on for a month! I know that Aaron has a cavity in one of his baby teeth. I can see a little dark spot! It's going to take 5 or 6 people to hold him down to get a shot in his mouth! I know that they won't do it on Wednesday so I'll have a couple of weeks to get together a team! Any volunteers?????? Hee Hee


Well, I had better go move dirt. We are working on getting a spot level to put the pool up again this year. The boys have been "helping" me. Brian is roofing a house for some of our church members today. Mainly, I have been yelling "be careful" "dont hit your brother with the shovel" "watch out with the hoe"!!!!!!!! Pray for us!


Love Ya,

JJ











2 comments:

Herd Momma said...

I am the mother who already has the ticker countdown til the first day of school on her blog! The kids are really alot better now they are older.
The pool looked like alot of fun. Let's all go sometime. Get a group. Have fun at St. Luke. Good luck on the pool.

kdp said...

Hey J,
Summer is wonderful. It was good to read your blog. We accepted a contract on our house today. Praise Jesus. Next week we are going to look in Frisco for a house.

I would really like to get together with everyone before we move. We have to be out of our house by June 30th. Maybe we can meet at the pool or at the park before we leave.

Love ya, and i am really going to miss you. give pam a hug for me.

however we will keep in touch.after all we have been separated by the miles before.

kimmie