Caleb can always find the camera and jump in front of it!What a great weekend!!! Spring and spring break are so close I can taste them! I can't tell you how ready I am for spring break! No work (I'm off work every day the boys are off), no homework, no stress just fun, fun, fun!!!!! This weekend was fun too. On Friday night our children's ministry at church had a kid's fellowship at Neon Jungle. It's an indoor mini golf place with black lights so everything glows in the dark. It's really cool. We had 55 parents and kids show up. It was great. I really got a chance to visit with a lot of new people to our church and the kids had a blast. Saturday marked the opening day of soccer. Jared had his first game and got blown out of the water! Jared did pretty well for the most part, but the whole team was sucking wind and confused. We have 3 new players on our team that have never played before, but they are pretty good. We will just have to teach them as the season goes along. After soccer we chilled out and got the boys haircuts. They were very shaggy. Caleb worked on his plant cell project. He had to create a model of a plant cell. He used play doh, modeling clay and who knows what else. It turned out pretty good. I told him I would take his picture with it and post it on the blog. On Sunday we had church. Brother Rody is preaching on the book of Hebrews. I have never caught some of the things he is bringing out. It's cool! I had a great nap on Sunday afternoon, while the boys played PS2 games and played with the Magnetix set Caleb got from Pa Pa. Afterwards, we did housework and the boys played outside. It was such a beautiful day. All in all it was a relaxing and wonderful weekend. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this stage of our lives. The boys can play and entertain themselves and get their own snack (without making a mess!). The don't fight or argue (too much) and Caleb still thinks it's cool to play with his brothers. I love this stage! I'm not looking forward to the moody, broody, teenage years! I would keep them this age for the rest of their lives if I could! Have a great week!!! Love ya all!

1 comment:
i can't tell you how many times i have uttered those words. when you teach kids all day long and then go home to repeat the homework and all the other things that go along with being a parent, it is so wonderful to have kids at the age where they can play with each other. i also feel that we are in the best time of our kids life. we can take them anywhere, do anything, go anyplace and they are a joy to be around.
i love watching the girls in their sports and enjoy even taking them to practice. it is just a really fun time.
i also love taking them to church camp. i love going. this year bekah will get to go. i am so excited for her. she will love it.
we had a great weekend too. just me and the girls at the mall with my sister and sister in law. i sure am going to really miss them. i love having them come to church with me.
anyway i am also looking forward to spring break.
love me some j.j.
kimmie
Post a Comment