Thursday, March 13, 2008

Updates

Hey guys I thought I would update you on our prayer requests. Daddy's surgery went very well. He was eating ice cream and seemed to be fairly pain free. He didn't like the fact his leg was propped up on a thing that has a roller under it and it keeps moving up and down his leg. He wanted it to be flat and not moving. I can't say that I blame it much on that! He will be there for at least 3 or 4 more days at least. He had a lot of company coming by to check on him from the church so that should entertain him while he is there.

Well, Caleb's meeting went exactly as we thought it would. Basically, he's soooooooo smart he doesn't need help. I don't really buy it, but we couldn't convince them otherwise. He didn't meet the requirements for the special ed program, but will still be helped with a tutor because of the dyslexia. Basically, we have to trust that the teachers are going to help him and give him what he needs to be successful. I have to trust that God knows what he is doing on this. We prayed and asked for his will to be done and I have to go with that. The good news was that most everything his teachers said was positive, up beat and praise worthy. They all rate him above average in his work and say he is a pleasure to have in class. The bad news is that doesn't help with the whole "he needs help" thing we were trying to prove. He does really well mostly but it really could be better. Anyway, that is were the Lord is taking us and we will continue to trust Him, ask Him for wisdom and ask Him to give us Godly wisdom to deal with the "world" stuff. On that note, I can't wait for spring break!!!!!! No homework, no stress, no work, just fun, fun, fun. We are off to Lake Brownwood first for camping with Me Maw and the cousins, then home to chill and relax before heading to Six Flags for a one day whirlwind trip with the youth group. I know it will be a blast! Take care all of you fellow bloggers and loved ones! I'll see you after Spring Break!!!!!!!

No comments: