Thursday, March 6, 2008

What's Up???? I'm freezing!!!!!!

What a difference a day makes!!!!!!!! Yesterday, sunny, warm, nice today freeze your nose off COLD! I took my aunt to the doctor today to have procedure done and I can't believe how cold it is out there! Caleb was all too happy about going to school while it was sleeting this morning. He is wishing that it would snow so hard that they would send them home early and cancel school tomorrow. I don't see that happening but a boy can dream! We are doing fine other than being cold. Caleb took a benchmark (practice) reading TAKS test yesterday at school. He said it wasn't hard and they got to watch movies and read afterward so he liked taking the test. We will be busy this weekend making a model of a plant cell and labeling it! Whoooooopeeee! Jared is doing great with his glasses. Some of the girls in his class said he looked cute in them. I am happy to report that the headaches have stopped and he is really feeling a lot better. I guess the poor child's head hurt so much lately that he had stopped eating and was really acting like he was sick. I kept thinking it was allergies or a cold coming on, but it turns out it was his eyes! He's like a brand new kid! Aaron is doing well. He sat down and read a book to me the other day! I can't believe he can read! It's so wild to hear him! At first you think that maybe he has just memorized the book but then you see him pointing to every word, stopping to figure out the words he doesn't know, just reading right along. I don't really know when he started reading to be honest. It just seems like he picked up a book and did it! Mrs. Pape is a long time teacher and is going to retire after this year and I know she has been working hard with him. I'm impressed! Brian is doing good. He is working, solving county problems and looking to interview and hire a new person. He hates the interviewing stuff! It's always so hard to figure out if someone knows what they are doing or are just putting on an application to look good. I am good too! This week is Dr. Seuss week at St. Luke. Monday my 8 little ones made applesauce for the book "Ten Apples on Top". Wednesday was Wacky Wednesday. I wore crooked pony tails, my shirt inside out, my PJ top over it, my PJ bottoms with my capri pants over them, two different socks and two different shoes! It was cute. The kids had fun with it. I have one child that has some OCD (obsessive compulsive) problems and he was not too impressed with the day. He looked down during the middle of bible story time in chapel to find that he had two different shoes on. He suddenly took off his shoe and started saying "I go home" over and over and over. He was having a mini panic attack about his shoes not matching. Thank goodness one of my little girls started making faces at him and he stopped the panic and started copying her. The moral of the story........don't mess with the way a 2 year old dresses! Hee Hee~! Well, I am going to put a ham on and heat up the house with the oven!!!!!! Love ya all!

1 comment:

Herd Momma said...

That's funny about the little boy. Joseph only wore his shirt backwards because he didn't know what I was doing. There was no way he was wearing different shoes.
I am dieing to pull paneling off the living room walls just to see! Tom has made me swear to wait until after the windows or atleast til after Easter! But, get ready. The minute those guys leave We are ripping in! Then we will need to get Tom, Tim, Brian, Craig somebody to probably sheetrock and float. Then I told Tom get out of our way. JJ and I know what we're doing from there.
I'm glad there aren't minimum characters we can use in comments. Well, atleast I haven't hit it yet.
I think we are warming up now. Time for kids to go OUTSIDE!