Thursday, February 7, 2008

At Home

Good morning everyone! I am at home finally today and get to spend the whole day at home! I am so excited! This is a rare occurance in my life lately. The reason I am home all day is the fact Jared is home with me. He came home from school yesterday fine and by 5:30 he had a fever, chills, cough, and runny/stuffy nose! Boy it hit him fast! I don't think it's the flu however which is good news. We have been giving him over the counter stuff and motrin for the fever and he is doing well. I called the doctor this morning and they recommended that we stay away from them and treat it at home! That's how bad everyone else is in this town! I see germs everywhere! The last couple of days have been rough on our household. Mrs. Albie a little lady from our church passed away Monday night. The kids were so close to her. She was the nursery worker for our church and raised all three boys from newborn until they were 3 years old. She also worked as a grandparent aide at Jared and Aaron's school. They would see her everyday and would give her hugs. Aaron got in trouble many times when he would run after her to give her a hug and forget he was suppose to stay with his class in a straight line. The boys took the news very hard. I can actually say that I know what wailing and mourning sounds like. In the bible it talks about how people would "hire" mourners at funerals to follow the funeral procession and wail and mourn for the person. All I can say is that our family would have been RICH in that day and age! Bless their hearts, I hated this feeling. Unable to take away their hurt and grief. Daddy did all he could and fixed the problem the best way he knew how.... he went for ice cream! $6.00 worth of ice cream later the boys had calmed down a little and were able to go to bed. Of course, Jared and Caleb had to fall asleep together in our big bed. They are so sweet and caring. The funeral for our little Albie will be on Saturday. Caleb wants to go for sure. I'm not sure if Jared and Aaron will or not. It's hard figuring out what is best for them. I guess it will depend on if Jared is feeling better. The one thing that makes all of their grieving better is the fact that Mrs. Albie is in Heaven with Jesus. The bible tell us to not grieve as those who have no hope. My boys know they will see Albie again one day in heaven and they know that next time it will be FOREVER and not just a little while! Thank you Jesus for that hope and that future. It makes times like these so much better! Love you all!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Herd Momma said...

I am such a loser friend. I totally forgot to ask about the boys and how they are doing. I'm glad the funeral is on Saturday and you all are off from work and school to decide who should go. Sorry Jared was feeling bad. Did he go to school today? Or was he home with Brian?
I am going to have to bring my video camera and video you and Jenny with singing with your kids. Then post it! You guys are so cute and so fun!
Love ya' xoxo Amy