Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since I posted anything. I would love to tell you it's because I have been cleaning house and organizing my life but, if you know me you know it not true. The truth of the matter is that I had a new book. Well, really I had two new books. I have become addicted to a series of books that Caleb reads called "Pendragon". It's Sci Fi/future/time traveling sort of fantasy books. Anyway, if you know me...you know that when I have a new book, I am useless until I have finished it. I got the latest one on Tuesday around 2:30...it's now Thursday at 4:00 and I just finished. I would have been finished sooner but I had the whole "work" thing and taking care of the kids thing to do. Boy, they sure are annoying! Hee Hee. Well now that I have finished I can not look around my house and see that I have housework, homework to grade and a family to feed. I also have to find a rodeo outfit to wear to work tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day when I have to stick the bandanna in my back pocket and run around like a cow in front of the whole school! The kids have to catch me and get the bandanna. I'm sure good old BFF Amy will have her camera snapping LOTS AND LOTS of pictures of me running around like a cow!!!!!! It should be a blast. I only had two break into tears on Wednesday when we practiced!!!! They didn't like the running around and they got bumped into! I only lost half of them on the way back to the classroom also. They are quick little buggers! Anyway, we are also going to the rodeo tomorrow night. The kids love it! They do very well there and never have been bored yet. The only thing you have to be able to handle is the play by play commentary from Jared. He NEVER stops talking the whole time! Last year he sat by a stranger and he TALKED the whole time to her. I had to finally bring him up to sit by me to let the poor girl enjoy her date. I really think that Jared was more interesting that her date though.
Well, the week has been really uneventful for us. Just homework/basketball/ and soccer. This is the last weekend for basketball. The kids will have an awards night on Sunday at the church who does the Upward league. It should be fun. They show a slide show of the year and will have a guest speaker.
I went today to visit my brother Bill in the hospital. He had a total knee replacement done on Tuesday. He is doing great! At least I'm impressed anyway. He is off his pain pump and spinal block and is not crying like a baby. He walked down the hall today and was upset that they wouldn't let pass an 80 year old lady! He said he thought he could have taken her in a race. He will hopefully get to go home tomorrow. Well, I have to call out spelling words now so I guess I should go. They are condescending,clairvoyant,procrastinate and other words that I can't type let alone spell! Bless the dyslexia boys heart! He has most of them down!
No comments:
Post a Comment