Tuesday, March 11, 2008
A Prayer Request
To all of my prayer warriors out there!!!!!! Please lift us up in prayer Thursday! First of all my Daddy is going to have a total knee replacement that day. He will be in the hospital around 5 days or so. It's going to be painful that is a given. Please pray that everything goes well and that there are no complications! By the way, he has a cold as of yesterday...so pray he gets over it enough to have the surgery. Also, at 9:30 we have a meeting with the SAISD school system to determine about Caleb's dyslexia. It's called a 504 meeting. First we have to prove that Caleb needs extra help because of this dyslexia. If you look at his grades alone....he doesn't meet "educational need" He is an A/B student. He make very good grades, but has to work 10 times harder for them. It will be a huge effort to prove that he needs help! If we are able to convince them that he does need help, then we will determine what type of help he needs. Brian and I are going to shoot for the Moon on this and ask for all the help we can get. I don't have a clue if they will "give in" to half of what we want. We are going to ask for shorter homework assignments, not counting off for spelling errors on non spelling tests, and for the teachers to give him copies of notes. Things like that. He is doing really well right now, but it could be better for sure. Anyway, if you would lift us up in prayer as we set a course for Caleb in the school system on Thursday morning I would love it! This kind of meeting makes Brian and I sick to our stomach. You never know what they are going to say or do. Imagine sitting there as they pick your son apart! At one point at the last meeting I thought Brian was going to strangle one of the teachers! Pray for calm heads, kind words, and God's guidance! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We will be praying for your family.
We have several such meetings with teachers about learning styles and needs and felt like you do. You want so much for your child to be helped and you wonder if they will fall thru the cracks.
I will definitely be in prayer for you. God is on your side. God is on Caleb's side. He is making a way for you and Caleb. Jesus I ask that You be with Brian and J. as they go and fight for their son.
I love you girl let me know how I can help or how things turn out.
kimmie
Post a Comment