Sunday, February 10, 2008

News from the weekend

Hey guys! How was your weekend? Mine was fast and furious as always! Jared went to the doctor on Friday morning with Brian and was feeling better by Saturday. He even played basketball on Saturday morning. He did do a lot of walking down the court and wasn't as "off the hook" as he usually is but still felt well and scored 6 points! Fastforward to Sunday morning at 3:15 a.m. when he starts throwing up and complaining of stomach pain while spending the night with Me Maw. Who knows what is going on with him! He laid around all day and felt and looked weak and wiped out. I don't have a clue really. I called the doctor and he said might just be a tummy bug. Who knows????? I couldn't find a sub for work tomorrow so Me Maw is coming to the rescue again and will stay home with him. The rest of the weekend was filled with Mrs. Albie's funeral (the boys didn't go, they just couldn't handle it) baking for a dessert auction for kid's camp at church, church, delivering cookies to shut-in's (our members who can no longer come to church) and the dessert auction. We raised $1,275 auctioning off cakes, pies, cookies and other various fattening things! One cake sold for $100! Caleb made a Mississippi Mud Cake, fudge, and Chocolate Krinkle cookies. I can't remember how much they sold for but he did good. Aaron and Jared made things with Me Maw and sold them too. Our church is so good at supporting our kids. They are such a blessing! Oh one funny thing to tell on Aaron... he was getting his hair cut the other day and informed the lady (Kim from our church) that Shelby was his "true love". Shelby goes to church with us and also is in his Kindergarten class. We really thought they would have found their way to the principle's office by now but so far so good. Anway, after telling her that Shebly was his true love, he then told her "I hope when I kiss her the first time she hasn't eaten at hamburger or her breath with smell!" I asked him when he was planning this kiss. I told him of course you have to be married before you can kiss! He told me "your either married or your really old and in love!" So I hope he defines "old" as a least later in the future. My worry is that he will announce he kissed Shelby next week because he is old ENOUGH! Hee Hee........... We also found him walking Shelby down the sidewalk after church on Sunday real slow. When asked what they were doing they said "practicing our marriage walk"! HEAVEN HELP US!

1 comment:

Herd Momma said...

Oh My. This sounds like my sister and a friend of my brothers. They were little sweethearts forever. At St. Thomas in Miles the walls kind of curve in where the windows are. We'd hangout in those cubby areas after Mass. You could always find Beth and BB there. To protect his identity we'll call him BB. They did grow out of it. I wish Aaron and Shelby all the best. Be sure we're on the invitation list!